Mardan School is a non-profit, no public special day school for bright children with social, emotional, and/or learning difficulties located in Irvine, CA. We are seeking an individual to work in our classrooms each day as a Floating Teacher and Internal Substitute. The candidate will provide support for classrooms at all grade levels by substituting for regular classroom teachers as needed and at all other times, providing additional academic remediation to individuals or small groups as scheduled. This is a unique opportunity for newly credentialed individuals to gain experience working with all age groups and be exposed to multiple teaching best practices. The candidate is not responsible for IEP development or case management.
Mardan operates on an 11 month school year. For more information about the school and population served, please go to www.mardanschool.org
- Must hold or be immediately eligible for California Education Specialist Credential (Mild/Moderate). Autism Authorization is preferred; if no Autism Authorization is held, the Applicant must be willing to obtain one at their own cost. (This may involve enrolling in online classes).
- Classroom or direct experience working with children is REQUIRED. We will not consider applicants without prior experience.
- Knowledge and experience with special education, behavior management techniques, and/or working with children with autism spectrum disorders, is highly desired.
- The ideal candidate will be flexible and easily adaptable, comfortable with working with students at all grade levels and be able to provide differentiated instruction and support in multiple classroom environments.
- Before applying, please review our website for information on our program and population served: www.mardanschool.org.
Hours, Salary, Benefits:
Full time position is approximately 30 hours per week for an 11 month school year, 8/30 to 7/31 annually. Working hours are 8:15 a.m. - 2:45 p.m. daily, M-F.
Compensation is $17.00 to $19.00 per hour (payable even when school is not in session!)
- 8 weeks of paid vacation per year
- 10 paid leave days
- 8-11 paid holidays
Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance
Medical and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts
SEP IRA Retirement Plans with employer contribution
See the requirements section for requested documents. Candidates will not be considered without submitting a COMPLETE application by email to email@example.com.
NO PHONE INQUIRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!
To be considered for this position, the applicant must submit all of the following:
1) Cover letter
3) Mardan Job Application
4) Copy of your valid, current CA teaching credential