• Valid Class C California driver's license. **
• Basic Post Certificate issued by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.*
• Current American Red Cross First Aid Certificate or an acceptable equivalent. *
• Current American Red Cross C.P.R. Certificate or an acceptable equivalent. **
*Employees in this classification are responsible for renewing the documents listed to ensure their validity throughout employment in this classification.
** Submitted upon offer of employment.
• 45 semester college units in police science, law enforcement, administration of justice, training, business, public administration, or a closely related field.
• Basic Certificate issued by the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training.
• Associate’s Degree preferred.
• Bilingual preferred.
• 1 year experience working with students.
• Standard Agility Test.
• Pre-employment interview.
• Standard Psychiatric Evaluation.
• Comprehensive background investigation POST.
• Medical examination/drug screening.
• Polygraph examination may be required.
• Citizen or permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for citizenship.
Online Application Attachments – Required:
Interested applicants are required to submit an EDJOIN online application - www.edjoin.org and the following attachments:
- Letter of Interest
- Current Resumé
- Three (3) current, dated and signed letters of professional reference(not older than one year)
- Copy of Transcripts verifying 45 semester units in police science, law enforcement, administration of justice, training, business, public administration, or a closely related field.
- Copy of Associate's degree (if applicable)
- Copy of Post Certification
- Copy of First Aid and CPR
NOTE: Application packet must be complete at time of submission on Edjoin.
- Employment in this position is contingent upon all pre-employment clearances: Board Approval, Negative Tuberculosis Test, and any license/certification required by this job description.
- This recruitment may be used to fill future vacancies