Mardan School is a non-profit, non public special day school for bright children with social, emotional, and/or learning difficulties located in Irvine, CA. We are seeking an experienced high school teacher to facilitate history and elective classes for students in grades 9-12. Maximum class size is 12 with assistance from other staff.
Candidates must possess or be immediately eligible for a California Education Specialist (Mild/Mod) credential with Autism Authorization. Strong experience and/or knowledge in behavior management and positive behavior support techniques is REQUIRED. Prior Special Education classroom teaching experience is required. Candidates with experience teaching History is preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
* Medical/dental/vision insurance is offered (employer pays 75% of medical and dental + 100% of employee vision)
* Employer paid life insurance
* Long term disability insurance offered
* 403 B plan
* SEP/IRA contribution by employer
* 9 - 11 paid holidays (dependent upon calendar)
*10 paid leave days and 20 paid vacation days + August paid (If candidate works the entire school year)
Mardan operates on an 11 month school year. For more information on the school and population served, please visit our website: http://www.mardanschool.org.