POSITION TITLE: Preschool Teacher (4-year-old/5-year-old) STATUS/HOURS: Full Time or Part Time hours: M-F, (includes benefits, paid vacation days, paid holidays including Christmas break and Spring break) (7:30 am start time) FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt SALARY RANGE: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour DOE REPORTS TO: Preschool Director APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-K PRESCHOOL TEACHER, ST. GREGORY THE GREAT CATHOLIC PRESCHOOL
POSITION TITLE: Preschool Teacher (4-year-old/5-year-old)
STATUS/HOURS: Full Time or Part Time hours: M-F, (includes benefits, paid vacation days, paid holidays including Christmas break and Spring break) (7:30 am start time)
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SALARY RANGE: DOE
REPORTS TO: Preschool Director
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Position Summary: If you have a passion for working with 4-year-old children, creating your own classroom design and layout, working closely with a wonderful co-teacher, provide the best education through your own creative ideas and care for the students, work collaboratively with a fantastic team, and to be a part of a beautiful community of amazing families, we want you to be a part of our team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and delivering interactive learning programs designed to engage and educate young children
- Respecting and honoring the needs of the individual children with concern for their interests, special needs, talents, and individual style and pace of learning
- Considering individual children in relationship to their cultural and socioeconomic background.
- Must be organized, creative, enthusiastic, patient and nurturing
- Partnering with a Co-teacher to implement curriculum while creating fun, interactive learning experiences
- Provides care, safety and support to children
- Treating children with dignity and respect
- Helping children to become aware of their roles as integral member of a group
- Supervising and implementing the program for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of St. Gregory the Great Catholic Preschool
- Being responsible for the ordered arrangement, appearance, decor and learning environment of the classroom
- Uses circle time and centers according to lesson plan and varies the instructional materials as needed
- Able to work indoors or outdoors and engage in physical activity with children
- Flexibility in working with others in a variety of circumstances
- Participating in public relations events sponsored by the school but not limited to; shall include Back to School Night, Gala, Christmas program, Open Houses, and school fundraisers
- Assuming an equal share of the joint housekeeping responsibilities of the staff after the children have either departed or are under the supervision of another teacher
- Participating in recommended training programs, conferences, courses and other aspects of professional growth
- Assisting in the ongoing evaluation procedures needed to assess the development levels of the children
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements to Apply:
- Must have completed 12 ECE units or higher
- At least 2 years working as a preschool teacher (experience with 4 year old’s a plus)
- Must submit a cover letter, resume and copy of transcripts
- Must submit a minimum of 2 professional references (Requirements upon hire)
Requirements upon hire:
- Fingerprint Background Clearance, CPR and First Aid, proof of immunizations, proof of completion of Mandated Reporter video (CA Licensing) and cleared TB test to work in a Licensed Child Care Facility
Applicant's Character Traits:
- Familiarity with the organizational structure and practices of the Roman Catholic Church
- Passion to work with young children and desire to grow as an educator
- Works well with others
- Has a positive attitude, enthusiasm, and patience
To successfully meet the needs of the students in his/her care, the teacher must:
- Spend the majority of the day standing in the classroom. While standing the teacher will frequently hold objects they are working with or demonstrating
- Sit on an occasional basis when developing lesson plans, grading, etc.
- Walk through the classroom and be able to maneuver in tight spaces between desks. Walk on both even and uneven surfaces
- Deal with students while kneeling or squatting, stooping, or bending
- Reach at, below, or above shoulder height with the dominant upper extremity; may require trunk or neck rotation to look back at the class
- Assist in moving children's desks and chairs to change the layout of the classroom to influence the learning situation. It is occasionally necessary to lift and carry boxes weighing up to 25 pounds from the office to classrooms. Carrying can be up to 200 feet and varies.
It is important for preschool teachers to be able to:
- Speak clearly so listeners can understand. Understand the speech of another person
- Hear sounds and recognize the difference between them; focus on one source of sound and ignore others
- See details of objects whether they are nearby or far away
- Have unimpaired or corrected vision/hearing
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Comments and Other Information