Job Description / Essential Elements:
Food Service Utility Worker
Under general direction of the Food Service Director receive food and supplies from the district warehouse and outside vendors and perform a variety of practical duties in the kitchen.
1. Receives food and supplies from the district warehouse and various vendors, checks receiving slips for completeness and accuracy.
2. Fills requisitions from school site kitchens; reviews for completeness and accuracy
3. Deliver food, supplies and hot carts to other site kitchens, as needed.
4. Make trips to grocery store or storage facility for food and supplies as needed.
5. Operate a fork lift and pallet jack
6. Substitute for delivery drivers or food service workers as needed
7. Maintain kitchen, storerooms, freezers and refrigerator in a clean and orderly manner.
8. Check freezers and refrigerators for correct temperature; report any problems to the kitchen manager.
9. Perform general custodial duties to keep storeroom, offices, kitchen and receiving and disposal areas clean and orderly.
10. Assist with minor adjustments or repairs in kitchen equipment such as hot carts, electric can openers, lights and filters.
11. Assist with shutdown of kitchen equipment such as ovens, serving lines, refrigerators and freezers
12. Assist with inventory counts.
13. Performs other related duties as requested.
1. Safe vehicle operation and delivery procedures;
2. Safe use of a fork lift and or pallet jack
3. Requisition and warehouse procedures, including inventory control;
4. General custodial methods and routine maintenance of cafeteria equipment
5. Proper temperatures and general operation of freezers and refrigerators.
1. Meet the public tactfully and courteously,
2. Maintain a harmonious and cooperative relationship with fellow workers;
3. Follow oral and written directions;
4. Exercise independent judgment and discretion in the application of established procedures and policies.
One year of food service, custodial or maintenance work, preferably at a commercial kitchen.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Valid California Driver's License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions pg of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear; to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; reach above the head and reach forward. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in high precarious places. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme hot and cold temperatures. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by the individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.