Link to Salary Schedule: https://4.files.edl.io/c421/08/02/22/180923-0224197b-658f-494a-a889-614f6cb68a99.pdf
Prepare all of our students with the knowledge, skills, and habits necessary to compete and succeed in college and in life.
Sol Aureus College Preparatory is committed to high student achievement and teaching excellence. The expectation is that all of our students will graduate from 8th grade performing at or above grade level in all subject areas, particularly reading, writing, and math. As stated in the mission, we also expect all of our students to be prepared to compete and be successful in college and life. The role of a Sol Aureus teacher is multi-faceted. A Sol Aureus teacher is committed to the mission, is a team player, and serves in a variety of leadership roles, while maintaining an unwavering focus on exemplary classroom instruction and a commitment to work with students where they are at, both academically and developmentally.
- Arrive prepared for the day.
- Teach in a classroom focusing on the core subjects (Math, Science, English and History) using the SACPrep framework (based on the California Common Core State Standards).
- Be available for student calls outside of school for help with assigned work.
- Ability to work with others effectively.
- Contributes to student learning, growth, and advancement.
- Demonstrates academic competence in subject area(s), and displays an inclination for developing integrated and interdisciplinary work across the curriculum.
- Maintains a growth mindset toward student learning, teaching practice, and personal/collective professional development.
- Demonstrates a high degree of self-efficacy (agency); holds themselves accountable for learner outcomes and advocates for their students; works efficiently; and believes in their ability, the capability of their students, and themselves to succeed and excel.
- Facilitates problem-solving, with a curious mind and critical thinking skills, showing a high degree of creative application in the implementation of data-driven curriculum and practice.
- Serves as a role model and an innovative and creative learner with an insatiable thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and being on the cutting edge of instructional practice and pedagogy.
- Collaborates effectively with a variety of stakeholder groups within the organization and with external partners to increase student performance and contribute to advancing the teaching and learning craft.
- Looks beyond the walls of the classroom and demonstrates global competence and how their work will expand the impact of students’ work to their families and local and global communities.
- Invests in the learners’ well-being, health, and safety, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Recognizes the relationship between social-emotional learning and academic performance, and aspires toward developing and teaching the whole child.
- Designs and facilitates differentiated and personalized learning goals and activities that follow a coherent sequence, are aligned to instructional goals, and engage students in high-level cognitive activity.
- Teacher certification in a content area of the desired position
- Professional attitude
- Commitment to the mission
- Ability to communicate effectively with children and adults
- Flexible, organized, and punctual, reliable, and a team player
- Organized and able to create a rigorous and respectful learning environment
- Resilient, proactive, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze qualitative and quantitative student data and reflect to improve student achievement.
- Ability and willingness to implement SACPrep's Instructional Guidelines and Best Practices.
- BA degree & Valid Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
- Must be NCLB compliant (if applicable)
- Criminal background check & fingerprinting